It’s a mere seven days to the next Birmingham Social Media Cafe. We were this close to sorting a sponsor but that’s been put back. Instead, it will of course be the Macmillan World’s Biggest Coffee Morning on 24 Sept, so we’re looking to jump on that.
Hope to see you down there. In the meantime, here are some links for you:
- 2011 submissions call : Flatpack Festival – “Lengthening nights and falling leaves mean it’s time to start cranking up for Flatpack”. Click the link for details on how to send your stuff in
- Birmingham Post – Galaxy radio puts Capital into Birmingham – “A spokesman for the firm said no jobs would be lost in Birmingham as a result of the rebrand and that breakfast and drive-time shows would be locally made”
- Birmingham Media Evening – 7th October 2010 – “Kindly hosted by Clusta and held once again at The Vaults”. Register and take your ticket along for a free drink
- Hyperlocal voices: Jon Bounds (Birmingham: It’s Not Shit) | Online Journalism Blog – Says here BiNS is “a legend of the local and national blogging scene in which Jon has been a pioneer”. Sounds about right
- Co-working event aimed at small businesses Jelly is coming to Birmingham – “The first Jelly in Birmingham will run all day from 9am on October 5 at Urban Coffee Company, in Church Street.”
- Meshed Media – University of Birmingham’s Heritage and Cultural Learning Hub – A report back from a showcase that took place as part of the U1 Cultural Heritage and Technology Conference. Many shiny objects were on display
- News / IT firm applies for success THEBUSINESSDESK.COM – The Warwickshire subsidiary of Australian IT firm PelicanCorp “received first runner-up prize for its new smart phone application ‘beforeUdig Mobile’ at this year’s NAVTEQ Global LBS Challenge”
- Pixel Power « Mudlark – “Today marks an important day for Mudlark. We’ve merged with our older sister company, Pixel-Lab”
- Soda Blog » The CharacterShop Website – New website for the Birmingham animators
As ever, let us know if we missed something good. Add it in the comments or tweet it to @BirminghamSMC.